We are looking for a creative, cooperative Chemical Engineer with a wealth of technical and laboratory knowledge and a talent for solving technical issues. The Chemical Engineer will share its work time between office, laboratory, and a workshop to design, implement, test, analyze and improve the equipment for scientific measurements. The Chemical Engineer will work together with other engineers and scientists from diverse backgrounds to understand project goals, design and propose solutions, and assist in implementing, troubleshooting, and reviewing plans as projects progress.
To be a successful Chemical Engineer, you should be knowledgeable, communicative, observant, organized, and committed to reaching project goals. You should also possess strong interpersonal, time management, and presentation skills.
redoxme AB sp. z o.o. Oddział w Polsce
Assembly & Distribution Department
Budynek Centrum Energetyki AGH
Czarnowiejska 36, lok. 307-308
30-054 Kraków, POLAND
The Chemical Engineer will report to: internally – Project Manager and Scientific Officer; externally – an international consortium consisting of the Institute of Physical Chemistry Polish Academy of Sciences IPC PAS (Poland), Gdańsk University of Technology (Poland) and SINTEF (Norway).
The overall goal of the project named UpTurn funded by POLNOR Programme is the development of first-of-its-kind, multiparametric instrumentation equipment integrating microfluidic electrochemical cells and advanced microelectrodes materials, while being compatible with various in situ analysis techniques such as UV-Vis, FTIR/IR, Raman, NMR and ultra-fast laser spectroscopy. The main vision is to develop a powerful, yet flexible research tool, which is open to customization of all its components, allows adjustment of experimental conditions, and enables downstream analysis by users.
redox.me (https://redox.me/) is a laboratory equipment manufacturer that has been providing reliable tools and broad services in the field of electrochemistry coupled with many other characterization techniques such as spectroscopy, gravimetry and electrical, mechanical and thermal characterization. For the last 5 years of operation redox.me has introduced to the market 50+ innovative products in serial production and 200+ custom-made measurement systems. These products are under continuous improvement based on internal studies and feedback from the scientific community obtained by crowdsourcing techniques and project collaborations. The main company strength is a wide experience to lunch sophisticated solutions for material characterization that enables scientists to harvest multiple responses during an electrochemical operation of a single sample. This approach facilities conclusion building when analyzing the results of an experiment. Currently redox.me focuses on the electrochemical characterization of challenging samples such as microfibers, foams, 3D structures, and self-standing membranes, while constantly fighting against an outdated methodology, providing solutions that successfully follow the advances in modern material science.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Using scientific, mathematical, and engineering principles to solve technical problems.
- Designing, proposing, implementing, reviewing, and correcting plans to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Evaluation of equipment and processes to ensure compliance with safety and environmental regulations.
- Performing standard chemical procedures.
- Using computer software to analyze data.
- Communicating project results (English).
- Traveling to the Swedish department for training and internal meetings.
- Attending project meetings (domestic and foreign).
- Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering or in a related field.
- Basic knowledge of chemistry and material science.
- Academic research experience is an advantage.
- Experience in CAD environment is an advantage.
- Strong understanding of engineering principles.
- English proficiency (written and verbal).
- Ability to cooperate and communicate with other members of the team.
- Exceptional problem solving, verbal and written communication, presentation, and project management skills.
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, entering a job title in the e-mail subject line.
February 15th, 2021